Now that the Christmas jumpers have been put away for another year and the remnants of the last selection boxes have finally been consumed, people’s thoughts often turn to a fresh start.
It might mean joining the gym, giving up that takeaway or simply de-cluttering your life. This should include delving into your wardrobe and sorting it out once and for all. Here’s our guide to good wardrobe management!
- Time – allow at least 2 hours!
- Preparation – clean bags and a couple of sacks
- Clean – empty wardrobe for a good clean
- Sort – the most important step!
- Re-hang clothes you wear in order to suit
- Bag clothes not work and take to a charity shop
- Throw nothing away – recycle or donate
- Pair unwanted shoes
- Set aside ‘clothes for repair’
- Question whether unworn garments be altered
- Restore – take clothes for repair/alteration to your nearest The Zip Yard store
The Zip Yard now have 27 boutiques nationwide. Each ground floor location boasts roomy, private fitting rooms for comfortable personal consultations with their expert tailors.
Happy new year…and happy new wardrobe!